This course covers the material, methodology and assignments used to teach how to become a developer to your good friends.
Today’s world lingua franca is English, therefore the first step in your learning path is to:
- Change your browser settings to English. Remove all other languages from your browser and change your search engine to default to the US/English version.
- Start thinking in English. As you start searching and reading only English articles your mind will start thinking and questioning in English.
- Improve your listening skills. Listen to at least 100 podcasts fromhttp://ecorner.stanford.edu/ and you’ll improve your listening and comprehension skills at the same time that you’ll get familiar with the Technology, Business, Legal, Non for profit landscape lead Silicon Valley.
- Set your operating system language to English.
- Once you start coding, buy an US keyboard… the common coding keys are placed in handier location
This is a big part of learning how to code.
To get started, register for an account on the following sites:
- https://bitbucket.org/ (private projects for free)
- https://github.com/ (big community for public projects and personal portfolio)
writted by Mentor